Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Travel tip and Catania Italy

This image was taken during my recent trip to Italy.  It was taken near Catania, Sicily.  This photo, however, is not the reason for this post.

Having just returned from a 3 week vacation traveling around Italy and France, I learned a very important lesson at all the airports; a lot of suitcases look exactly alike.  You know that great Victorinox suitcase that you got at Target a few weeks ago?  Yeah, so did a lot of other people.  There's a good chance one of those people is on the same plane as you.

There are various ways I saw that people had modified their luggage to make it more unique and easily identifiable.  Some had little ribbons tied to the zippers.  Some had wrapped fabric around the luggage handle.  And some people used duct tape to make different designs on their bags.  While these all worked, I don't like the idea of putting duct tape on my luggage and I feel like the ribbon could easily get torn off in transit.  Who knows what happens to your bag once it is out of sight down that conveyor belt???

Today, while I was browsing through my site, John Shippee Photography, I noticed that one of the products that is offered through my store is a photo luggage tag.  How awesome is that?!?!  It's a great way to make your bag recognizable, you can pick any image from my site to do it with, and it looks a lot better than duct tape.  I'll definitely be ordering a few, just as soon as I decide which are my favorite images today.

No comments:

Post a Comment